Friday, August 22, 2008

Running in the fall

Cleaning out my desktop, I came across this journal entry. October, year unkown.


A bed of seashells crunched beneath my feet as I ran along the waterfront. Challenging each of my strides with its gusts, the crisp October wind pushed hard, causing my legs to burn and my lungs to ache. I jumped over and dodged silver tongues, trying to stay ahead of the steady rhythm of waves pounding the shore beside me. In front of me, I could see the thin line of the pier stretched into the lake, silhouetted by whispers of pink, purple and orange.

I couldn't close my eyes to blink, I didn't want to lose sight of God in this moment. God's fingerprints were dusted over everything: it was His beauty being reflected in the colorful sunset; His power in the roar of the crashing waves; His strength pushing me onward; and His delight to share His glory with me. I could feel God's presence in me, beside me, and all around me like a sea of warm, soft blankets.

No comments: