Friday, March 2, 2012

Self-Prophecy

I mentioned it in my last post so it was bound to happen. When I picked up my lil' Bear from daycare, he seemed extra ornery. He fell asleep on the floor before dinner. And then to show me exactly how awful he felt, he refused his pudding cup (this is a special, once-a-season treat) in preference for going to bed.

My husband and I were up all night snuggling a sick kiddo.

This is the face of a boy who thought he was getting away with something: 
I get to stay up and snuggle with mumma . . .


And this is the face of the boy 30 seconds later, giving in to his fever :-(


And this is 4 AM.


Today I'm brewing another large pot of my signature vegetable soup, Bear's favorite. Hoping the extra veggies and nutrients will help him recover quickly.

Skipping the training today to lay low, rest, eat healthy, and care for my family. The trainer will still be there tomorrow.

2 comments:

shootingstar said...

I'm amazed you even have time to blog...

Heather Adventure said...

We'll see how long the blogging lasts :-) Once the weather is nicer, the posts may get a little more infrequent.