Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Dune Climbing

This morning I woke up a little dreary but feeling better. After 3 days off for my trip to Chicago followed by 2 more unplanned days off for a health issue, it was time to get back on that saddle.

I needed to do something inspirational, a come-back. Intervals on the trainer just wasn't going to cut it. The sand dunes were calling to me. Why Dune Climbing?

Because that's North Muskegon's answer to Rocky Balboa's steps.

Philadelphia stairs from the famous Rocky movie, The big sand dune in North Muskegon
However, I figured actually riding a bike was key--being that I'm training for a bike race and all. I rode my bike at an easy pace for 6 miles to the sand dune. Locked the bike up to a tree and began climbing.

I was bound and determined to beat my previous attempt and get in 5 climbs. I'll admit that I queued up my iPod to "Eye of the Tiger" for this workout. I maybe even did one of these at the top . . .

And then I rode home. Tonight I'll do 40 minutes of strength training followed by 20 minutes of stretching and light yoga. 

No comments: