Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Accountability

I need to confess that its been a fight to get back into a regular training routine, especially when it comes to running. I think my body has forgotten how. For the first time this year I ran three times in one week. THREE TIMES.

Yesterday I woke up extra early so I could get in a 6 mile run around Bear Lake. 

And then I hit the snooze button.

But then I got up 30 minutes later with steely determination! Actually, it was more like a lot of sighing and complaining under my breath, stupid running. There was still time for a 3 mile run if I hurried.

I ignored my glowing computer monitor (No Facebook, I will not be tempted and waste valuable minutes of running time!), wrestled into my running gear, grabbed a water bottle and stumbled out the door.

My run was glorious for about 2 miles. And then I was bored. It was hot. Running felt awkward. Did I really used to run half marathons and 25ks? Ugh. I thought I liked running? 

Even though yesterday's run was not one to brag about, I still managed to suffer through it.

However, 


Having a training schedule has been great and its been keeping me accountable as far as exercise goes. But I can't seem to quit my snacking! If you've known me a very long time then you know that I truly struggle with my diet. And I don't mean diet as in Weight Watchers or Atkins. I'm strictly referring to diet in reference to the foods I consume.

I need accountability. The bathroom scale is usually great for this. When I know I need to get on it every morning I make better food choices. There's one small problem . . . 

I'm scared of the bathroom scale. 

It's been months again since I've last gotten on it!

So I'm putting out here and making myself accountable: tomorrow morning I will get on the scale.

I will. 


No comments: