Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Complacent and Contentment



Complacency is convincing yourself you're satisfied with giving up. Quitting.
Contentment is something else entirely.

Lately I have confused the two, convincing myself that I am content when I am actually in a state of complacency.

It's possible to go for a bike ride and still be "sitting on the couch." I've let myself be satisfied with a simple ride or an easy run. All the while my internal voice soothing my subconscious fizzing with discontent.

I'm done with complacency.

I want to continually discover that I am capable of more than I think I am, stronger than I think I am, and acquire achievements beyond my own beliefs.


"The real race is not run against someone else; it is the race between your complacent self and your content self. If you have stretched yourself and run to your potential, you have run a good race."


HighExistince
Contentment vs. Complacency: http://www.highexistence.com/contentment-vs-complacency-running-a-friendly-race-with-yourself/

No comments: