Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


I received some good news this morning! Even though my foot still looks like an anvil has been dropped on it (bizarrely large separation between toes and swelling in odd places) there are no more breaks! While there is obvious tissue damage and some arthritis flaring up, I received the "okay" from my doctor to resume normal activities!

Which of course means training for a 50 mile gravel road race in April.

Fortunately I am a bit of an Oracle and foresaw the clean bill of health a few days early which allowed me to meet up with my friend Kelly for a trainer ride.


Lucky for us, Top Gun was on television yesterday.
The plan was to ride until we hit 20 miles according to Kelly's odometer.



So Kelly, are we at 20 miles yet? -Me
No-Kelly
We've ridden 11 miles-Kelly
@%#^@-Me


Where are we at now?-Me
Mmmm, we're getting there.-K
We have to get there before Goose dies. I can't pedal and cry at the same time!-Me
I don't know if we're going to make it-K
Pedal, dangit! Pedal!-Me


Dangit.


And we're at 20 miles.

No comments: