Monday, July 30, 2012

Sleep Deprived

I had good intentions of getting myself to bed early last night. I wanted to watch a bit of the Olympics and happy that Women's Gymnastics was on. Sadly, NBC's coverage was too annoying and I had to turn it off. Anyone else get tired of NBC's dramatization of the gymnast's parents? I don't mind a brief clip of an excited mom cheering on their kids, but a complete, uninterrupted recap of the parents with audio for the entire 2-minute routine?

Just as I had had enough and was about to plod up to bed, Chad threw the car keys on my lap and said "Time to get to work!" Huh, wha? Now? Turns out that my car decided to not start when Chad went to put it into the garage last night.

We spent the next couple of hours moving my car from across the street and back home. If you've been to my house you know that's not an easy task as there's a steep incline at the base of our driveway. First Chad pushed the car in reverse while I muscled the steering wheel in all the wrong directions (this was worse than when I try and help Chad back in the camper). Then it was out of the parking lot and into the street and there was a nano-second when I thought the car may actually get up the driveway. But, alas, Chad got it half-way up before it started to roll backwards.

. . . This recap of late night shenanigans could easily go on for another 5 blog posts, I'll just quit here.

I'm only going to add that about five minutes after I fell asleep, Bear woke up and crawled into bed with me wanting ice water and a snuggle and a pillow pet and . . . oh, who knows what else. By the time I got him settled I was "up."

And it was 4:15 AM. Michelle would be at the gym at 5:30. I packed my stuff, put on gym clothes, grabbed a water bottle and hit the road.

Last week I neglected to update about running with my new Merrell Bare Access Arc and Lithe Glove shoes, I promise, cross-my-heart, that I will write a review on them this week. And I will even write some stuff about biking as well!

Happy Monday.

p.s. Monday got a little gloomier. Just checked the TV schedule and discovered that there will only be 15-minutes of coverage for Women's Mountain bike. And I have suspicious feeling that 10 of those minutes will be commercials.


No comments: