Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's my birthday!

You read that correctly. Today is my birthday. I'm going to keep this post extra-super short because if I get all of my work done in time today, I can go mountain biking this afternoon! I feel a little like Cinderella. I need to get crack-a-lackin' on my projects.

My mom sent me one of those "fun facts from the year you were born" cards. Here are some interesting facts from the year I arrived:

  • "Space Invaders" debuts in arcades and becomes the first mega-hit video game.
  • President Carter more than doubles the size of the National Parks system.
  • Scientists at AT7T Labs invent the cellular telephone.
  • Also born the same year as myself: Ashton Kutcher, Katie Holmes (love Dawson's Creek!), Kobe Bryant and Clay Aiken. 
Lastly, I am super-excited because Michelle and I are planning on doing the Grand Rapids Urban Adventure race again this fall! They just realeased this teaser:



How can you not be excited after watching that?
Okay, now everyone go eat cake!

~Heather

No comments: