Friday, September 21, 2012

Help me decide what to do in 2013!

If you haven't done so yet, please vote!
------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

I'm easily swayed into doing events, so vote on the survey to the right to help me decide what races/events to do in 2013!

Thumbs-up after the first lap of LJ100
A return to LJ100?
It kicked my butt last year. Should I go back to return the favor? (I've been thinking scary thoughts about attempting the NUE Series. If I'm going to put in all that time training for a 100 mile race, I might as well get as much out of my training as possible! Right? I'm right.)

Sub 4 hour Marathon
It's a goal of mine to run a marathon in under 4 hours. Shall I attempt that at Bayshore in Traverse City?

Sounds like a fun event in a beautiful location. Should 2013 be the year I finally commit?

A full Ironman is on my bucket-list. Committing to doing a Half next year would put me on the road to knocking this one of the list.


3rd Annual Skip School to Go Mountain Biking Day (SS2GMBDv3.0)

Snoose on the loose in the woods

It's just about that time of year again: Skip School to Go Mountain Biking Day

Why must we skip school to go mountain biking? It makes it that much more awesome of a day, a day she'll always remember.

And now that Bear can ride his bike there will be a SS2GMBDvB1.0 (Bear's First Annual). Coming Spring 2013.

I'm currently in the "concepting" stages of SS2GMBDv3.0. I need to pick a date and a location. In the past we've ridden at Luton and closed the evening with Ada Bike Shop's Ladie's Night. It was a lot of fun and a good experience for Snoose to meet so many amazing, strong women cyclists. This year we will do something a bit different and not incorporate Ladie's Night. However, I'd like it to be equally special and inspiring for her. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that. 

If you have suggestions, please let me know. Help a mom out! Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Zoomy said...

I love the skipping school idea...kids skip to go hunting, so why not skip to spend a day doing something really healthy?! Next year we're planning to take Dane with us to Death Valley when we do the JDRF ride.

Heather Adventure said...

He is going to LOVE that! We are such awesome parents.

Zoomy said...

Yes we are! Derek and I were just talking last night about how kids tend to hit an age where they think their parents are stupid and for a while don't want to spend time with their parents. I said I don't think that is universal and maybe this won't happen with Dane. He'll still hold my hand in public at age 11, which is definitely not common. We're cooler than the average parents!