Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Funday

Maybe not so much Fun-day for me (as I have to work). But my daughter Snoose has her first day of camp today! She was  a mixed ball of nerves and excitement this morning in anticipation of the big week ahead. Camp time is bittersweet. Snoose returns home alight with new experiences and adventures that have helped her become more confident and independent. It makes me a proud-mama to see her grow, however, the more she grows the less she's my little baby.

In further news, I went on a pleasant, long ride over the weekend with Michelle and Zoom-Zoom. At some point during this ride Michelle asked me if I had gotten on the scale yet. And I had to confess, I did not. And then she accused me of lying on my blog. The nerve.

I did not lie. When I wrote 'that' I had the full intention of weighing myself in the morning. Then somewhere between when I went to bed that night and drinking my coffee the next day I sort-of, kind-of misplaced that intention. Happens to the best of us.

So . . . . . . . this morning I weighed myself.

First I braced myself, leaning heavily on the windowsill as I eased onto the scale. I watched the digits flash up and down like an unnecessarily long sequence on Biggest Loser before the scale settled on a digit.

It was a nice looking number. But I don't think I've weighed that little since 5th grade. Too much leaning on the windowsill. It was cheating.

The second time I had no choice but to go all-in. I removed my hands from the windowsill and settled my weight over the balls of my feet, resting every ounce of myself on the scale.

And it was terrible. Chad is getting fired up to get down to his race weight as well. Last night we pinky-swared that we'd each lose 10 pounds before Iceman.

P.S. I went running in my new Merrell Bare Access Arc shoes this week. I'll write about it later.



1 comment:

Zoomy said...

I hate my scale...it just doesn't really move. I can get it to go down 2-3#s, but in no time it shoots back up. I have about 25#s I'd like to lose. I think it's time I set a smaller goal with a shorter timeframe and make it happen. Right now I'd just be happy to be in the 140s!

I hope our kids have fun at camp. I wonder if they will recognize one-another without helmets?!